Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"open studio" anodizing








I've been conducting a few "open studio" workshops during the last three days. I put together a new anodizing set-up since our old studio one got waisted by a student who put copper in the sulphuric bath. My new anodizing set-up can travel; as I'm doing a lot more workshops "on the road". I'll post pics of the new set-up soon. In the mean time, take a look at this paintball gun that Michael is experimenting with. He decided to test his technique on some frames he had rather than the typical sample pieces. He has yet to seal and strip the white resist, but he should have a couple pieces completed when he comes to class tonight. I'll try to get some pics of the final result. He also has a few other experiments to run tonight, so it should be a productive and fun session when all is said and done.
















No comments:

Followers