Wednesday, April 4, 2012

mendelmax start








I have begun construction of a Mendelmax. I decided to make a nice aluminum y axis for it. I have a feeling that several of the pieces for this will eventually end up in aluminum as I think I can use several of the download files as is and modify the view that are too complex to make  in metal. This should create a stout little machine. I'm curious to see if it might be usable for light milling in the future. It would be a good machine for the students to build possibly.





2 comments:

!3r said...

Hello. You did a nice work on your MM! I am currently building one, but I dont have the bed cut file. Your is very nice, do you mind to share in PDF or DXF so I can try to cut one to myself? Thanks!

Frankie Flood said...

You can download it here:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:19561

Followers