Wednesday, April 4, 2012

new print settings








So I have been playing with my settings in Slic3r tonight and I think I've hit upon the best settings for really thin and tight layers along with a really smooth surface quality. I printed this x axis carriage piece for one of the printers. It has a quick release for the extruders and I think it will be really cool once I get a couple different extruder types built. Then I can swap them out easily; not to mention the possibility of placing multiple extruders on this carriage.

The print quality on this piece is amazing. You can really tell the difference when looking at the adapter plate that I printed over the weekend. So much better now; But the print time for the two halves was  3 hours. I know this isn't too bad, but not as fast as before as the infill is tighter. This means it uses more abs as well. The price you pay for a good print I guess.









2 comments:

eric said...

wow.... those are pretty impressive for sure.

Unknown said...

they look 10x better frankie, really impressive

Followers