Wednesday, April 4, 2012

zcorp 402c/canon bc-20











I've had trouble with the zcorp print cartridge clogging on me and creating delaminated parts. I finally determined that it was the old cartridge and not crud in the lines. I believe that the seal near the print head was deteriorating and fouling it. I decided to ditch the old cartridges (I had gotten several with the printer) since they all seemed to look bad. I purchased some replacement Canon BC-20's on amazon and then went to work modifying one. Someone must have thought about doing this to the printer as there were some nice little connectors from McMaster Carr in the toolbox that came with the printer, so I fitted those with some super glue after drilling my holes in the side of the cartridge (one hole high for filling and one hole low for draining). I also sealed the air hole in the top of the cartridge and then installed. I flushed the binder for a while and I still have a little black ink in the cartridge, but it should work it's way out soon (I kind of like the black prints). I ended up shortening the hoses a bit after taking the pics above because they were occasionally slapping the build surface it printed. The cartridge works like a charm now and we're back in business.








1 comment:

Have Blue said...

Has the new cartridge improved the resulting surface finish any? Any how soon until you try full color prints?

I dig the black as well - would love to see how they look once completed and waxed...

Followers