I finally finished putting the z axis for the CNC router together. Chad helped me get the gear rack installed, and then I worked on getting a desktop setup with Mach 3 and I configured the XML file and connected the motor controller. Everything moves properly now. Today I cut some mdf and put it in place on the bed. This thing is huge! The travel is insane; between rails the table is 54" and as you can see, the 8 foot sheet doesn't begin to cover the entire bed. I think I'm going to get some t slot extrusion to put down for clamping. I still need to finish reinforcing the table and need to hook up the spindle. Should be cutting by the end of the week though.