Thursday, July 4, 2013

brough-superior











Brough-superior is making a come back it appears. There was an article on Bike EXIF about it. It's on my bucket list of bikes to own although It and the Vincent may not ever happen due to the cost.

I've always loved the opening sequence to Lawrence of Arabia and used to watch the movie a lot when I was a kid. I always loved the epic nature of the film, it's cinematography, and of course the fast motorcycle never hurt the appeal of the film for me. The opening reminds me of the country roads that I grew up riding; one and a half lane wide, oil packed gravel roads, occasional loose gravel, shaded by trees with open fields along each side, with gradual rises and falls in the terrain. It was awesome to see the light come through the shaded portions of the road on the way over to my grandpa's farm. I used to ride that road a lot when I got my first motorcycle and then Jill and I used to ride it on the xs650 when we were dating. The shaded areas would feel so cool in the bottoms near the creek with moments of warmth as you rode along on a hot summer day. 

Just like "Lawrence"... minus the deadly crash at the end.

No comments:

Followers