Yesterday, I silver soldered some 1/4-20 bolts to the back of the VW emblem I had purchased a while ago. Someone was selling a steel pressing of the emblem minus the connector studs on the samba and I was lucky enough to get one before they stopped selling these (VW probably came down on the person for selling these as they're sensitive about the use of their emblem to make money-go figure). I sandblasted the piece along with the ends of the bolts, laid out some measurements, and then fluxed and soldered the pieces in place. I sandblasted the piece again to remove any traces of flux and then gave it a coat of paint. I considered powder coating it, but the rest of the bus may get rubbed back a bit and I figured the emblem may "need some lovin'" too. So paint seemed like the best option. I got home super late from working on the GD display, so I wasn't able to bolt it in place. The bolts line up with the holes and I'll just have to climb inside and secure it. This should be a considerable upgrade from the pressed fasteners that usually secure the emblem. Now the single cab won't be naked.