Friday, January 31, 2014

bultaco engine/cold weather










This was a post from several months ago that I never published. I know it was a long time ago as this engine is sitting in the garage, and it's just been way too cold here to be able to work outside. If it's not below 0 degrees here, then it's snowing; I don't know if I'm going to make it to Spring if the weather doesn't let up a bit. 

I polished up these Bultaco side covers a while ago. I always loved the design of this engine.

I find myself sitting inside today working on my UWM merit forms (yearly self-evaluation) as I have bronchitis and potentially the beginning stages of pneumonia. Went to the doctor last night because I thought I wasn't going to make it without some antibiotics. I'm feeling a little better now; enough that I can sit at the computer. Anyway, I was going back through the last year of activity on the blog and came across this unpublished set of pics.


2 comments:

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I know what you mean about the weather. I shoveled a path for the sliding door on the barn yesterday so I could get the tractor out to bust my way through a big snowdrift in preparation for the stuff that started falling today and is supposed to bring us another 6"-10" over the weekend. I had to put a new hydraulic hose on the old Allis but it seemed almost pleasant working in the 25-30 degree weather after what we've had.

Hope you feel better soon.

Frankie Flood said...

I hear ya!

Yesterday did feel kind "warm" even at 20 degrees. It's weird how the body adapts to conditions over time. I always hate to complain as I figure there's always someone who has it worse than me.

That said, I'm ready for Spring!

Thanks for your message!! Stay warm and be careful if you get Allis out in the snow.

Followers