Wednesday, November 5, 2014

waea anodizing workshop























Two weekends ago I taught an anodized aluminum workshop for the WAEA (Wisconsin Art Education Association) Conference that was held in Milwaukee. I had a full class and the DCRL was crowded with art educators from around the state. The night before, I created several aluminum cuff bracelets and John McGeen cut some 2"x2" sample pieces and sheared and filed the cuff blanks for me. I stayed late and polished everything. Then I got to the studio at 5am the next morning and ran several batches of pieces through the baths so that the group could focus on the color and resists when they arrived at 9am. The workshop was a hit and I think everyone had a great time. I was so pleasantly surprised to see a few of my former students in the workshop. They now have teaching jobs so I was so thrilled to hear about their success stories and get a chance to reconnect. I had a great day.




No comments:

Followers