Saturday, March 19, 2016

anamolisa models











Owen Klatt teaches animation at UWM and a few weeks ago he asked me if he could bring his class down to the DCRL to discuss how digital fabrication can be used for animation. Owen worked on the film Anomalisa and so he brought a couple of the 3D printed models that were used for filming. It was fun to introduce some of the many techniques that we use in the lab to the students who are in Owen's class. I believe they really started to see how the digital fabrication techniques could be used to great effect in stop motion animation. It's amazing how many of these types of tours I have done since starting the DCRL. It takes a lot of my time to organize and do the tours, but I really enjoy seeing people's eyes open when they think about how this could change the way the create things.



No comments:

Followers