Sunday, December 18, 2016

natalie: brookhaven community college































































































































I didn't realize that this didn't post after my trip to Texas. 

It was so good to see my friend Natalie Macellaio when I was in Texas. We were able to meet up at the faculty show and have dinner with the UNT faculty. Then the next day Natalie hung out for my morning lecture to the digital fabrication group and then she offered to take me over to Brookhaven where she teaches so I could check out her studio spaces. She even offered to take me to the airport afterwards which was so kind of her. I got to see all the wonderful things she is doing at her school, Brookhaven College. I visited here a long time ago. Now, Natalie is doing even more and teaching everything between 3D Foundations, Metals, and Sculpture. It's really quite remarkable all of the hats she wears here! I was really interested in seeing how she conserves space in her studio spaces with various storage solutions. I'm trying to plan my current teaching space and I knew this would be helpful to see what she has done. Natalie showed me their new Makerbot lab and I was just able to take everything in. We had some great conversation on the way to the airport. I hope we can someday work together on some projects as I just love talking to her about ideas. She's the best!

Natalie and I went to EIU at the same time and I love how we are able to just pick up where we left off each time we see each other. She truly is one of the kindest people I have ever met and I realize how fortunate I was to cross paths with her in Charleston. I have so much respect for her as an educator, a maker, and a parent. She is a hard worker! I'm just thrilled that we were able to catch up while I was visiting UNT. Such a good time...





No comments:

Followers