Friday, October 20, 2017

rachel kedinger














Rachel will be working with me for the next several weeks as a part of her studies at Penland. She is almost finished with the Core program. It's been amazing to see her work develop further. When I first interviewed at App she called me when she found out. We talked about how awesome it would be in close proximity to each other. Rachel was one of my 3D Foundations students and went through the Metals program at UWM. Rachel stood out from the very beginning. She later worked for Smith Shop in Detroit and then was accepted into the Core program at Penland. 

In the first couple meetings that we have had at my Boone studio I have covered RhinoCAM 2.5 axis and 3 axis machining operations and she started using the Tormach to cut spoon dies which will be eventually cut in steel so she can use the power hammer or hydraulic press in her blacksmithing work with forged steel and forged brass work that she does. We have also had some great talks about life and work and what she will do when her time at Penland is done. At our last session she took a call from a potential employer and ended up landing her dream job. I am so proud of Rachel and her work ethic. I can't wait to see what all she accomplishes at her new job and in her personal work.



No comments:

Followers