Thursday, July 31, 2014

covered bridge














We stopped at the covered bridge outside of Greenup before we headed for Milwaukee. I always enjoy the incredible smell of the wood used in the construction of this large bridge. It was constructed when I was a teenager and I remember the giant beams being hoisted into place at the start of it's construction. This bridge was along one of the two main route options for leaving Greenup in order to get to my childhood home outside of Woodbury, (along State Route 40 and Interstate 70). I remember taking the covered bridge road that ran along the county fair grounds many many times when going home from work. I thought maybe the kids would enjoy walking around the bridge before we hopped in the car for our typical 5-6 hour car ride home.


No comments:

Followers