Tuesday, October 11, 2016

penland - resident artist program


 











































Rachel took us down to the Resident Artist barns to show me Andrew Hayes and Seth Gould's studios. Seth and Andrew are current Residents in the Penland Resident Artist Program. They will be here at Penland for three years working on their creative work. I can't think of a better place to do this. I met Andrew last year at a SIMS conference at SIU-C. You can check out a previous blog post about him here. I had never met Seth before, but I have been an admirer of his work for quite some time. You can see an earlier post about him here. Jaydan Moore is another artist who is currently at Penland as well. I really love his work also and I was sad that he wasn't around, but his studio was open so I peeked inside. (Hope that's o.k., Jaydan!). I really respect these two, their work, and work ethic. The rest of this particular resident space has a small gallery space where we were able to sit in some Annie Evelyn and Ian Henderson chairs. I want one of these chairs so bad! They are so comfortable!! Rachel had to leave us early as she had to go sit in the gallery for the afternoon. We continued to look around the place...




No comments:

Followers